Sunday, September 2, 2012

the first day of spring

It’s because of Bassie that I’ve started this blog. Our boy, Sebastian (Bassie for short), arrived in September 2011 and has made our lives brighter, for sure. Now we really know what love is. While I'm at home with Bassie I'm working as a freelance writer so the challenge is to muster the brain power and energy to write while the boy sleeps or when my hubbie or my mum are on baby watch. I’ve started this blog to capture and share things that are important to me - naturally, Bassie rates highest on that list and then there's my writing work, the books I love to read, and my quest to learn photography. I'd also like to share ideas from other mums, writers and creative types about how they live, work and pursue their creativity. I’d say I’m a pretty private person so this whole blog platform feels a little odd, but I figure it’s more likely to breed good than evil. At the very least, I hope it inspires my little sister to start a blog about her life in Italy. It's the first day of spring today. How poignant!

image by Damien Bowerman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. :)