Saturday, December 22, 2012

published pieces: map magazine - li cunxin and richard maloy



My interview with Chinese-born, world-renowned ballet dancer Li Cunxin is out in map magazine this month. You can read it online here. You may know Li as 'Mao's Last Dancer' and he is now at the helm of Queensland Ballet. Li has experienced such heartache and pain in his life but also astounding success and achievement.

My favourite quote was when Li said: “I’m a forward-looking man. I am genuinely excited about what’s ahead of me; I always set myself goals and aims. Whatever I do, I really want to see how best I can do it. So the pursuit of excellence and perfection is what motivates me to go forward.”

I also interviewed New Zealand artist Richard Maloy who is exhibiting his Big Yellow installation at GOMA right now. His article is in map magazine and right here

Image: Olive trees are on my Christmas wish list. Love, love. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh Fran what a remarkable man to interview! One of my al time heros not only for his amazing human journey but for his incredible skills as a dancer. He is poetry in motion to watch. Having danced for many years of my life I would have been speechless if I met him I'm sure! Lucky lady!! Wishing you and your beautiful family a relaxing and indulgent Chrissie :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How amazing that interview must have been!! Beautiful quote! Looking forward to reading the article x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic quote, quite inspiring really. I'll look forward to read that article too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing experience! Let's go see the ballet in action this year? x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. :)