Sunday, December 2, 2012

a fresh start for this blog

Tomorrow marks the end of our decor8 Blogging Your Way e-course. Sniff, sob. It's been such a beautiful, positive, and creative space to visit daily, and I really don't want it to end. It has sparked new ideas that haven't always been about my blog but about my life too. I love that. I highly recommend it for any budding bloggers out there or perhaps those blogging veterans who need a fresh shot of inspiration. A big thank you to our inspiring host Holly Becker of decor8 and our guest lecturers - the lovely Jeanette Lund of By Fryd (www.byfryd.com) and Nicole Balch of Making it Lovely.  

Our final homework challenge was to give our blog a facelift. My original blog header was in dire need of a makeover because it consisted of a fuzzy iPhone photo with some generic blue text clumsily layered over the top. See what I mean:


The new blog header you see at the top of my blog may only stay for a short while. I'm a total novice at Photoshop and this header isn't quite the whimsical design that I am drawn to, but it feels pretty good for now. The apple signifies that our little boy is the apple of my eye and that my apple mac is often by my side. The blue and green colours calm me no end, the blurred speckles remind me of soft raindrops splattered on a window, and the circle (or full moon, if you will) helps centre me.

I guess this new design also says that I write by mood, I seek inspiration in my environment and like to dream while staring at beautiful things, like the moon and raindrops, green apples and our little boy, Bassie.

Thank you so much for visiting this space. I really appreciate it. :)

4 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. :)